- Dancing the Beautiful Wheel - A Guide to Rueda de Casino – a Rueda book written by a member of a UK rueda group Great list of rueda calls
- The little red book of dancing... Salsa! – a lot of helpful little tips and points to ponder, especially for leads.
- Casino and Salsa in Cuba - Bárbara Balbuena – Editorial José Martí – I was unable to find a link for the English translation – picked it up in Cuba years ago – the writing/translation is not ideal and exceedingly dry, but there is a lot of interesting history and info here
Something you think should be on this list?
Have you published a book that you’d like to see listed here and reviewed on this site? Get in touch
- rueda.casino an educational site with rueda videos from Norway. Features a listing of the Norwegian Rueda Standard – a fairly comphrensive spec of rueda de casino moves created, updated and maintained by a collective of Norwegian rueda instructors.
- Salsa Lust
- Salsa Forums
- Dance Papi – I found their videos really great for learning casino moves
Is there a site that you think should be on this list?
Do you have a site that you’d like listed here? Get in touch
Halifax salsa lessons, bachata lessons etc
- Andres Dauyon – teaching beginner Cuban salsa and rueda de casino at Dave Doolittle’s bar in Dartmouth, also prviate lessons in salsa, kizomba, etc.
- Trena’s Studio – bachata, salsa and more, in Bedford
- Free to Move - Cuban salsa, kizomba
- Halifax Rec has been known to offer salsa fit classes
- Halifax Salseros - salsa and bachata
- Dal Salsa Society has lately been offering bachata and salsa classes
- Haliente - has salsa nights on alternating Fridays, as well as Bachata, Latin night and other special events on Saturdays.
- 1313 Hollis is doing Thursday nights from 9-11 with alternating DJs
- Salsa at Brewster’s in Bedford – regular early evening alternating Tuesdays
- Trena’s Studio in Bedford may have a regular series of socials
- Son Latino – look out for concerts by Son Latino – in late 2018 they did a phenomenal event called “¡Baila!” at the Marquee Club – here’s hoping they do something like this again (soon)
- The Cuban Sessions – once monthly concerts/lessons/dancing at Alderny Landing market in Dartmouth – Cuban food available from O-Cubano, music by Marcel Amores & Plan Ashé and dance lessons, rueda etc with Andres Dauyon
- Free to Move socials on alternating Fridays. They usually have a salsa/bachata room and a kizomba room. Tends to be a small crowd.
- Marcel Amores and Plan Ashé local band that plays a mix of Latin American songs. A bit of son and other fun songs for dancing, and they often will have salsa DJ music in between sets, sometimes with lessons by Andres Dauyon.
- Halifax Waterfront in the summer – may be Free to Move and Haliente socials happening on Wednesday and Thursday nights, respectively. Also look out for an outdoor salsa event at some point on Argyle Street.
Would you like to add an item to this list? Get in touch
Around the world
Would you like to provide some info about a particular city or country? Get in touch
Festivals, congresses, conventions, educational programs, etc.
Would you like to provide some info about conventions, programs etc that you are a a fan of or responsible for? Get in touch