Halifax salsa lessons, bachata lessons etc
- Andres Dauyon – teaching beginner Cuban salsa and rueda de casino at Dave Doolittle’s bar in Dartmouth, also prviate lessons in salsa, kizomba, etc.
- Trena’s Studio – bachata, salsa and more, in Bedford
- Free to Move - Cuban salsa, kizomba
- Halifax Rec has been known to offer salsa fit classes
- Halifax Salseros - salsa and bachata
- Dal Salsa Society has lately been offering bachata and salsa classes
- Haliente - has salsa nights on alternating Fridays, as well as Bachata, Latin night and other special events on Saturdays.
- 1313 Hollis is doing Thursday nights from 9-11 with alternating DJs
- Salsa at Brewster’s in Bedford – regular early evening alternating Tuesdays
- Trena’s Studio in Bedford may have a regular series of socials
- Son Latino – look out for concerts by Son Latino – in late 2018 they did a phenomenal event called “¡Baila!” at the Marquee Club – here’s hoping they do something like this again (soon)
- The Cuban Sessions – once monthly concerts/lessons/dancing at Alderny Landing market in Dartmouth – Cuban food available from O-Cubano, music by Marcel Amores & Plan Ashé and dance lessons, rueda etc with Andres Dauyon
- Free to Move socials on alternating Fridays. They usually have a salsa/bachata room and a kizomba room. Tends to be a small crowd.
- Son Latino A very good Latino band that plays a mix of cumbia, son and other tunes.
- Marcel Amores and Plan Ashé local band that plays a mix of Latin American songs. A bit of son and other fun songs for dancing, and they often will have salsa DJ music in between sets, sometimes with lessons by Andres Dauyon.
- Halifax Waterfront in the summer – may be Free to Move and Haliente socials happening on Wednesday and Thursday nights, respectively. Also look out for an outdoor salsa event at some point on Argyle Street.
Would you like to add an item to this list? Get in touch